Tufts offers various combined degree opportunities in partnership with different graduate programs. Read below to learn more.
SMFA and NEC
- 5-Year BFA+BA/BS Combined Degree Program
- Combined Degree with the New England Conservatory of Music (BA or BS and BM)
- Early Admission to Tufts Medical School
- Early Admission to Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
- Early Admission to Tufts School of Dental Medicine
- Early Admission/Combined Degree Program in Public Health
- Early Admission/Combined Degree Program in Health Communications
Tufts also offers advantages for Tufts alumni applying to certain graduate programs within the university. The Tufts Plus program waives application fees and GRE requirements for a number of master's programs, including biology, child development, economics, French, history, mathematics, music, occupational therapy, and urban and environmental planning and policy.
Tufts Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) and School of Engineering combined degree programs allow Tufts undergraduate students to earn both their bachelor’s degree and their master’s degree within 5 years. This rewarding degree track is an ideal fit for Tufts undergraduates who are interested in rigorous, innovative programming.
Benefits of a Combined Degree
- Earn your bachelor's and master's degrees together, usually within 5 years
- GRE scores are not required
- Application fee is waived
- Only 2 letters of recommendation are required
- Enrollment deposit not required. Please confirm your intent to enroll by sending an email to email@example.com.
- How to Apply: https://gradase.admissions.tufts.edu/apply/
The deadlines are March 15th for juniors and December 15th for seniors. See each program below for more information.
Combined degrees are offered through the following programs:
Art Education, B.F.A./M.A.T.
Biomedical Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Chemical Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Civil and Environmental Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Computer Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Computer Science, B.S./M.S.
Cybersecurity and Public Policy, B.S./M.S.
Data Analytics, B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S.
Data Science, B.S./M.S.
Education: Middle and High School, B.A./M.A.T. or B.S./M.A.T.
Electrical Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Environmental Policy and Planning, B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S.
Human Factors Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Human-Robot Interaction, B.S./M.S.
Innovation and Management, B.S./M.S.
Materials Science and Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Mechanical Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Museum Education, B.A./M.A.
Offshore Wind Energy Engineering, B.S./M.S.
Software Systems Development, B.S./M.S.
Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning, B.S./M.A. or B.A./M.A.