Applying for Aid
Tufts University is proud to meet 100% of the full demonstrated need of all admitted students.
1. Make a note of the financial aid application deadlines.
|Application Type||CSSPROFILE||FAFSA||2018 FEDERAL TAX FORMS THROUGH IDOC*|
|Early Decision Round I||November 15||November 15||December 2|
|Early Decision Round II||January 15||January 15||February 3|
|Regular Decision||February 3||February 3||February 17|
|Transfer Admission||March 1||March 1||March 15|
* Including all schedules and attachments. Please DO NOT email any tax documents to the Financial Aid office. Submit all forms through the Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)
2. Complete the required documents.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Tufts code is 002219.
- College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE Form. The Tufts code is 3901.
We suggest you keep copies of all documents for your records. Financial aid applications cannot be considered until all required documents have been received. Note: Emailed tax returns will not be accepted as it is not a secure means of transmission.
3. Submit the required documents, by the deadline, to IDOC.
Applicants should submit all documentation to IDOC, an electronic imaging service of the College Board. (In response to the CSS PROFILE application, IDOC will send applicants a personalized cover sheet, providing detailed instructions, and listing all documents required by Tufts, to be returned directly to the IDOC service.) Please do not send tax returns to Tufts.
4. Await notification of the admission and financial aid decisions.
Students who are offered admission to Tufts and submit all financial aid application materials on time will be notified of their financial aid decision within a week of receiving their admission acceptance letter.
With questions or concerns, please contact:
(866)897-9881 (U.S. and Canada)
Tufts University Student Financial Services