Members of the Tufts community can get involved with the admissions process in many different ways. Through the Tufts Admissions Network, alumni, current students, parents, and friends of the university can help shape future classes of Jumbos.
Tufts Alumni are an important part of the admissions process and help the admissions office by conducting interviews with prospective students across the world.
- Alumni Interviewers help the admissions office by interviewing the next class of Jumbos and informing the decisions of prospective students by answering the questions that only alumni can answer.
Become an Alumni Interviewer
- PASSPORT Mentors connect with an incoming Jumbo from another country to help make them feel at home in the United States and, more importantly, in the Tufts community.
Become a PASSPORT Mentor
- General Alumni Volunteers host events, represent Tufts at college fairs in your area, assist admissions officers on their trips to your local region, and much more.
Become a Volunteer
Current students are a vital part of Tufts' admissions process.
- Seniors can become Senior Interviewers and help to find the next class of Jumbos by conducting local and Skype interviews with prospective students.
Become a Senior Interviewer
- The first face-to-face interaction many prospective students have with a member of the Tufts community is with a Tour Guide - these students are ambassadors for the university and introduce new students and their families to life at Tufts.
Become a Tour Guide
- Lunch Hosts work with tour guides and admissions officers to show prospective students what life as a student is really like at Tufts. Plus, they get free lunch at either Carmichael or Dewick!
Become a Lunch Host
- Greeters volunteer in Dowling Hall and engage with prospective students and their families to make them feel welcome at Tufts.
Become a Greeter
Parents of current and former students also help with the admissions process. Parents can:
- Host an Event. Tufts has off-campus events going on all the time, and parents often help by hosting other parents, alumni, or special guests.
Host an Event
- Be a Representative at a College Fair. We receive many invitations to college fairs every year - and our admissions staff can't attend them all. That's where you come in: parents and alumni often represent Tufts at college fairs around the world and answer questions from prospective students.
Represent Tufts at a Fair
- Become a PASSPORT Mentor. PASSPORT Mentors connect with an incoming Jumbo from another country to help make them feel at home in the United States and, more importantly, in the Tufts community.
Become a PASSPORT Mentor